These terms are effective 01 March 2019
General Posting Rules for listings
As a condition of your use of TVSSA’s online classifieds portal, you agree that you are older than 18 years of age.
At TVSSA we want to make sure that the site is as clean, friendly and usable as possible for everyone. Listings that fall outside the posting rules will not be published.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to TVSSA and any consequences that may result from your post.
General reasons for listing removal, being placed on hold, or minor changes made:
- Against policy
- Removal of personal information in a listing
- Duplicate of another listing posted by you, or several listings placed by you for the same goods or services, or multiple ads in different locations
- Only one TVSSA account per user is allowed. Creating multiple accounts for the sole purpose of duplicating ads is not permitted
- Offering more than a single item within the listing
- Posted under wrong category (You must choose the single most relevant category for your listing)
- Not entering your contact details through the means provided by the site (for example as part of an overlay, logo or watermark)
- Entering information in incorrect fields (you must use the fields provided), or not completing all the fields
- We only accept ads in English (Foreign translation may be included below if appropriate)
- No overseas ads accepted, TVSSA is only for local community or local businesses
- No website links to other sites, and such other sites as we may deem to be inappropriate
- Removal of keywords that refer to competitive websites, or removal of brands in the case of keyword stuffing, i.e. brands that are not accurately descriptive of the item/service or not related to the item/service advertised. The keyword spamming rule applies to all categories (e.g. if you tag “Hikvision,” “Dahua,” and “Milestone” to describe a Milestone product for sale, then we will remove “Dahua” and “Hikvision”)
- Not descriptive enough (Listings that do not provide enough detail will be removed as this makes for a bad browsing experience)
- Appears to be a copy of another ad posted on TVSSA Classifieds (You may not copy other user listings, your listing must be original)
- Strong call to actions in titles (Call me now!)
- Re-ordering images to make first one more appealing for user browsing
- Not providing images of the goods at the time of listing when expressly requested to do so
- Images which are unsuitable for the purpose (for example which are too small, drawings, word art, etc.)
- Edit Typos, Edit/Remove duplicate keywords
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality
In most cases we email you to let you know that we have had to remove your listing (and if possible, provide your with an opportunity to resubmit). These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for TVSSA emails. If your junk / spam settings are set at high, then TVSSA emails may not even be delivered to the spam / junk folder. You may wish to add TVSSA to your safe senders list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your listing then please let us know by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TVSSA Classifieds is provided to you by True Value Systems South Africa which is located in Port Elizabeth South Africa.
Using TVSSA Classifieds.
As a condition of your use of TVSSA classifieds you, agree that you will not:
- violate any applicable laws including but not limited to consumer protection, data protection and intellectual property laws (including their regulations and guidelines),
- violate any applicable posting rules,
- post listings that do not show clear, truthful, verifiable, complete and unambiguous information regarding your contact details, the goods, price, delivery and any additional charge,
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, unconstitutional or indecent material,
- use the Services in any manner that could impair any of our websites or applications in any way or interfere with any party’s use or enjoyment of any such site or application,
- post any material that is harmful to, harms or could harm minors in any way,
- be false or misleading or employ false or misleading advertising practices,
- infringe any third-party right,
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes,
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm TVSSA Classifieds or the interests or property of TVSSA users,
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of TVSSA,
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent,
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access TVSSA and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission,
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent or otherwise violate the privacy of another person,
- use the information available in TVSSA classifieds to contact the users or the advertisers for any purpose other than for the use of the Services,
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to TVSSA.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to TVSSA and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right for any or no reason, at our discretion to refuse or delete or take-down content that (or any part thereof) we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms. We may, at our discretion, remove ads, put ads on hold or make minor changes thereto, when they do not comply with the Posting Rules. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently or refuse a user’s registration.
Abusing TVSSA Classifieds.
TVSSA and the TVSSA community work together to keep the site working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content exercise our discretion when ads do not comply with our policies, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off TVSSA classifieds if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content, exercise our discretion when listings do not comply with our policies, or keep a user off TVSSA or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring TVSSA Classifieds or for unauthorized or unlawful content on www.truevaluesystems.co.za or use of TVSSA by users. You also recognise and accept that TVSSA is not under any obligation to monitor any data or content which is submitted to or available on the site.
Fees and Services.
Using TVSSA Classifieds is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept that charge and any additional terms and conditions applicable, including forms of payment, to the service at the time of purchase. This will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in South African Rand, and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services, these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other permissible collection mechanisms.
TVSSA contains content from us, you, and other users. TVSSA is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via TVSSA is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from TVSSA without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in TVSSA. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of TVSSA (other than your own content).
When providing us with content or causing content to be posted using our Services, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) licence to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights and other intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or developed in the future. This means that we are entitled to host, cache, route, transmit, store, copy, modify, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, publish, translate, use, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, modify, edit, excerpt, analyse, and create algorithms and derivative works from you content, or otherwise use such content. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights and agree not to assert such rights or any other intellectual property or publicity rights against us, our sub-licensees, or our assignees.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on TVSSA by private individuals in South Africa. Entitled parties, in particular the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by TVSSA.
Reporting an infringement.
Please send an email to email@example.com reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorized representative. This information must also enable TVSSA to identify the listing to be removed.
TVSSA does not act as a supplier as contemplated in the Consumer Protection Act, or otherwise, and is not the party marketing the goods/services. TVSSA only provides the platform.
As explained above, we do not actively monitor data or content. We are not involved in the actual transactions between users. TVSSA does not operate as a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto for the purposes of, or in connection with, any transaction on the site. TVSSA also does not fulfil any of the functions (whether as a whole or in part), of a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto, whether in a direct or indirect manner.
As most of the content on TVSSA Classifieds comes from other users, we do not guarantee or give any warranty or make any representation as to the accuracy and content of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered, or with regard to the legal capacity of the users that may conduct or complete any transaction.
You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
TVSSA may promote, endorse and/or contain links to third party sites and/or services and/or goods. These sites, services and and/or goods are beyond the control of TVSSA. TVSSA is not involved in transactions between users and the operators of such third party sites. TVSSA does not accept responsibility for their content, services and/or products.
We cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected.
While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our services.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of TVSSA, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, delict, negligence, strict liability in delict, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 50 South African Rand.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees.
By using TVSSA Classifieds, you agree that you are giving your voluntary and informed consent to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by TVSSA on servers located in the European Union, United States, South Africa and other locations, and for such purposes, as further described in both our GDPR and Privacy Policies. You also agree that you are giving your voluntary and informed consent to receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive such communications.
In order to ensure the security and reliable operation of the site for all users, TVSSA reserves the right at its discretion to take whatever action it finds necessary to preserve the security, integrity and reliability of its network and back-office applications. Any user who commits any of the offences detailed in Chapter 13 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (specifically sections 85 to 88 (inclusive)) shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liability, loss or damages suffered and/or incurred by TVSSA and its affiliates, agents and/or partners.
Resolution of disputes.
If a dispute arises between you and TVSSA, we strongly encourage you to first contact us. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other policies posted on TVSSA constitute the entire agreement between TVSSA and you, superseding any prior agreements.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, this Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of Southern Africa. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against TVSSA must be resolved by the courts of Southern Africa, and you and TVSSA both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Southern Africa.
If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to unit 9, Brookes on the Bay, Brookes Hill suites, Humewood, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with changes taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
Mobile Devices Terms.
TVSSA grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.truevaluesystems.co.za website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that result from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications.
TVSSA owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter TVSSA’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any TVSSA Application.
Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation – Applications. TVSSA Applications or their underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo, (b) to anyone on the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department’s Denied Party or Entity List, and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user, or entity specified by US Export Laws. When using an TVSSA Application, you are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws (e.g., you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties).
Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
- TVSSA grants you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims, (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
Windows – Microsoft
- You may install and use one (1) copy of the Application on up to five (5) devices you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with your Windows Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device you do not own or control.
- Microsoft, your device manufacturer, and (if applicable) your carrier are not responsible for providing support Services for the Application.
- Microsoft, the carriers over whose network the Application is distributed (if applicable), and each of their respective affiliates and suppliers (collectively, “Disclaiming Distributors”) give no express warranty, guarantee, or conditions under or in relation to the Application. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Disclaiming Distributors exclude any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- To the extent not prohibited by law, you will not seek to recover any consequential, lost profit, special, indirect, or incidental damages from any Disclaiming Distributor.