Valid as of February 28, 2019
Our commitment to privacy.
True Value Systems South Africa (TVSSA) is committed to maintaining a safe and sound operating environment for all our customers. TVSSA knows that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. We want to provide you with exceptional service, and we understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding your personal information and how it will be used.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that
has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
The information that we collect.
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information – text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information – your name, email address, date of birth.
- We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo- location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all-around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
Information from children.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18 unless the consent of their legal guardian. If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that you have obtained the consent from your guardian before using any of the TVSSA Services.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
For example, we send a “session cookie” to your computer any time you log in to your TVSSA account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page.
You are free to decline TVSSA cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
How we protect & store personal information.
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centres. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable international regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your TVSSA password with anyone.
If TVSSA learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the TVSSA Service, you agree that TVSSA may communicate with you electronically. TVSSA may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
How we use the personal info that we collect.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request.
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- perform other duties as required by law.
How we share personal information with other parties.
TVSSA does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if TVSSA is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the TVSSA User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our or any vendor’s behalf.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
How you can access & change your personal information.
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging into your account.
Links to other sites.
The website may contain links to other sites. TVSSA does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us email@example.com
How to contact us.